So last night, we had a delicious dinner party with a few friends. I decided to make spinach and cheese palmiers and an antipasto platter for app’s.
Everyone loved these..
Spinach and Cheese Palmiers
yields: 12 palmiers
1 sheet thawed out puff pastry
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup parmesan
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3 scallions (diced)
1 box frozen spinach, drained
1. Roll out puff pastry sheet into about an 1/8 inch.
2. Brush the sheet with melted butter
3. Sprinkle sheet with parmeson, mozzarella, garlic powder, scallions and spinach, S&P
4. Roll one side 1/4 way in, then the opposite side 1/4 way in and then fold the whole thing in half
5. Cut 12 slices from log.
6. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool and Enjoy!
This is blue/brie aka the most delicious cheese ever!
For our entrees, we had strip steak, grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes.
Tomato Cucumber Salad
yields 4-6 servings
2 cucumbers, diced
5 large vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
1/2 large red onion, sliced very thinly
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons EVOO
1 small block feta cheese
6 pieces fresh basil
1. In a bowl combine, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion.
2. Dress with EVOO, garlic powder, basil, S&P
3. Slowly mix in chards of feta.
4. Serve and Enjoy. It’s even better if it sits and marinates for a while.
For desert we just shared some italian pastries.
It was a really fun night!
Anyways..thank god it’s Friday!! Too bad the hurricane coming has ruined everyone’s plans!! Hope you still have a great weekend!